To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
Fonds consists of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Language of material
Scope and content
Fonds consists of minute books, 1868-1968, 40 cm; and subject files 1896-1943, 20 cm.
Textual records The finding aid is a file list of the subject files. MSS0780 90 (Electronic)
Creator / Provenance
Biography / Administrative history
The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada traces its origins to the formation of the Toronto Astronomical Club in 1868.
In 1890 the club was incorporated as the Astronomical and Physical Society of Toronto and in 1903 the name was changed to the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, (R.A.S.C.). The society is composed of those interested in astronomy, both professionals and amateurs; it has expanded from a local organization based in Toronto to a national organization which in 1967 had 17 centres across Canada and 2300 members.
1. Royal Astronomical Society of Canada - Records and correspondence, 1903-1910
2. Toronto Astronomical Club, 1868-1869.
3. Astronomy - Canada, 1868-1968
4. Astronomical and Physical Society of Toronto, 1890-1903.
5. Associations, institutions, etc. - Canada, 1868-1968
6. Toronto Centre of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, 1934-1940.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: