To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
January 6, 1787
Printed for Robert Sayer, No53 Fleet Street, as the Act Directs
Place of creation
Language of material
Scope and content
Dunn's decorative double hemisphere map of the World, embellished with a number of different Celestial Models, which has been revised to include the discoveries of Captain Cook on his 3 voyages
Conditions of access
Original can be viewed in the presence o
f an early cartographic archivist. Microfiche version is open.
Credit Library and Archives Canada.
Printed for Robert Sayer, No53 Fleet Street, as the Act Directs January 6, 1787.
Ancillary maps or charts: The Solar System -- The Northern Hemisphere -- The Southern Hemisphere -- An astronomical latitude & longitude analemma -- An universal scale -- A chart of the World according to Mercator's projection, with the rhumb lines -- Selenography or A map of the Moon according to Father Riccioli -- The vicissitude of seasons explained -- The analemma.
Also incliudes tables describing: The dimensions of the solar system -- A table of the place of the sun in the ecliptic & declination -- Geographical definitions -- The causes of the tides --The vcissitude of seasons explained.
Cartographic math data
Citation / reference note
Availability of other formats note
Location of originals note
Varying form of title
A General map of the World or Terraqueous globe
2. Western Hemisphere or the New World by Mr. D'Anville with the new discoveries and several additions
3. Eastern Hemisphere or the Old World by Mr. D'Anville with the new discoveries and several additions
4. Chart of the World according to Mercator's projection, with the rhumb lines
5. Selenography or A map of the Moon according to Father Riccioli
1. World - Maps - Early works to 1800.
2. Astronomy - Charts, diagrams etc. - Early works to 1800.
3. Stars - Maps - Early works to 1800.
4. Moon - Maps - Early works to 1800.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: