To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
Scope and content
Covers the area from Newfoundland down the Atlantic coast to Virginia, showing the expanse of the main English and French colonies in North America.
Original can be viewed in the presence o
f an early cartographic archivist.
157 Item no. assigned by LAC 157
Credit Library and Archives Canada.
"44" appears in upper right margin.
Includes compass rose with rhumb lines as well as coat of arms and illustrationof a sailing ship.
Includes decorative title cartouche flanked by two Indians.
Map depicts Cape Breton Island in more realistics shape. Map also has a navigable waterway from the St. Lawrence River to the Bay of Fundy.
From: Atlas maritimus.
Cartographic math note
Citation / reference note
McCorkle, Entry no 676.7
Burden, Entry 495, State 1, c1677.
Availability of other formats note
1. Nautical charts - North America - Early works to 1800.
2. Nautical charts - Newfoundland and Labrador - Early works to 1800.
3. Nautical charts - Atlantic coast (North America) - Early works to 1800.
4. Nautical charts - Atlantic coast (U.S.)- Early works to 1800.
5. Nautical charts - Atlantic coast (Canada)- Early works to 1800.
6. Early works to 1800. Canada, Eastern
7. Atlantic States - Maps - Early works to 1800.
8. North America - Maps - Early works to 1800.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: