To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
2nd edition published January 1st 1794
Original can be viewed in the presence o
f an early cartographic archivist.
573 Item no. assigned by LAC 573
Credit Library and Archives Canada. Copyright expired.
Longitude from the meridian of Greenwich.
Includes explanation legend showing the routes of ships.
Following appears below title: "Advertisement: The interesting discoveries made by British and American ships, since the first publication of this chart in 1784. Together with the Hydrographical materials, lately procured from St. Petersburg and other places have enabled Mr. De la Rochette to lay down the numerous improvements which appear in the present edition, Charing Cross, January 1st, 1794, W. Faden."
Alexander E. MacDonald Canadiana Collection # 573.
On verso upper left corner "48".
Apears to be from Faden's : A New General Atlas of the World.
Citation / reference note
LeGear Entry 6013
Copy / version note
1. North America - Discovery and exploration - Maps - Early works to 1800.
2. Bering Strait Region - Discovery and exploration - Maps - Early works to 1800.
3. Russian Far East (Russia) - Discovery and exploration - Maps - Early works to 1800.
4. Pacific Coast (North America) - Discovery and exploration - Maps - Early works to 1800.
5. Cook, James, 1728-1779.
6. Pacific Coast (Asia) - Maps - Early works to 1800.
- Date modified: