To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Item (linked) part of
Place of creation
R. Sayer & J. Bennett
Language of material
Conditions of access
Original can be viewed in the presence o
f an early cartographic archivist.
69 Item no. assigned by LAC 69
Credit Library and Archives Canada.
Prime meridian: London and Ferro.
"IV" appears in bottom right corner.
Includes three tables of comparative latitudes with maps by Bellin and D'Anville. East coast of North America Astronomical Obser. -- The Islands -- North coast of South America Astronomical Observations.
Another table shows the difference in longitudes between Boston and Oswega on Lake Ontario from the charts by Bellin, D'Anville and Popple.
Shows major fishing banks and illustrations of ships and routes taken by didfferent explorers.
Published according to the Act of Parliament, 10 June 1775, by R. Sayer & J. Bennett, No 53 Fleet Street.
Map represents the right hand sheet. For the left hand sheet see Alexander E. MacDonald Canadiana Collection # 68.
From: The American Atlas, 1778.
Physical condition note
2. One of six sheets that make up "A Chart of the North and South America including the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans with the nearest coasts of Europe, Africa and Asia by Sayer and Bennett.
Citation / reference note
Copy / version note
1. North America - Maps - Early works to 1800.
2. North Atlantic Ocean - Maps - Early works to 1800.
3. West Indies - Maps - Early works to 1800.
4. Central America - Maps - Early works to 1800.
5. West Africa - Maps - Early works to 1800.
6. Europe - Maps - Early works to 1800.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: