To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
Place of creation
Scope and content
Map shows the route that the Gjöa travelled from Kristiania, Norway on16 June 1903 arriving at Kap Nome , Alaska located on the Bering Strait on the 31 August 1906. Also shows the route Amundsen took from Insel Herschel to Eagle City, Alaska.
Original can be viewed in the presence o
f an early cartographic archivist.
301 Item no. assigned by LAC 301
Credit Library and Archives Canada. Copyright expired.
Bottom right corner: Brend'Amour, Simhart & Co.
Appears to be from Amundsen's "Nordvest-paaagen : beretning om Gjöa - ekspeditionen 1903-1907". 1908.
Physical condition note
Copy / version note
1. Gjøa (Ship)
2. "Gjøa" Expedition (1903-1907) - Map.
3. Amundsen, Roald, 1872-1928 - Travel - Northwest Passage - Maps.
4. Northwest Passage - Discovery and exploration - Maps.
5. Canada - Northern Canada - Northwest passage - Maps.
6. Arctic regions - Discovery and exploration - Maps.
- Date modified: