Archives Search


Search only: Library, Archives Advanced Search, Ancestors, Images, Search All

To submit a comment, contact webservices@lac-bac.gc.ca

Search Help

Description found in Archives

Ottawa's first railway terminus was opened by the Ottawa and Prescott Railway on 24 Dec. 1854 at a temporary station in New Edinburgh. The permanent McTaggart Street terminus was opened at Sussex St. on 10 May 1855. 

Place

Ottawa, Ont

Place of creation

No place, unknown, or undetermined

1 photograph ; 5.25 x 9.00 in.
Graphic (photo)
90: Open
Nil
Graphic (photo)
Copy negative C-000957
90: Open
Graphic (photo)
90: Open
Box
05187
90: Open
Other accession no.
1964-144 NPC

Terms of use

Credit: Library and Archives Canada / C-000957
Restrictions on use: Nil
Copyright: Expired

Additional information

First railway station in Ottawa.

Described by the RECON project.

Subject heading

ON - OTTAWA - BUILDINGS.

Private

Other system control no.

3325381