To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series part of
1. Financial records of the Medical Services Branch, Saskatchewan Region, Prince Albert Office [textual records]
2. Central Registry records of the Transfer Planning and Development Area of Medical Services Branch, Regina, Saskatchewan [textual record] (2005-00871-0)
3. Operational Records of the Medical Services Branch, Saskatchewan Region [textual record] (2005-00972-5)
4. Plans and Meetings Records of the Medical Services Branch, Saskatchewan Regional Office, Regina [textual record] (2005-00980-6)
5. Correspondence and Meetings Records of the Medical Services Branch, Saskatchewan Regional Office, Regina [textual record] (2005-00981-4)
6. Nurses Reporting System Statistical Reports of the Medical Services Branch, Saskatchewan Regional Office, Regina [textual record] (2005-00982-2)
Place of creation
Scope and content
This is a preliminary record, please consult the linked accessions. Series consists of administrative files created by the Medical Services Branch's Saskatchewan Regional Office and its predecessors.
Copyright belongs to the Crown
Biography / Administrative history
Since the 1919 creation of the Department of Health, there has been a federal health presence in the regions. The functions of the Medical Services Branch (MSB), including quarantine, the inspection and medical care of immigrants, the treatment of lepers and health care for First Nations and Inuit have always demanded a regional presence. Since its formation in 1968, MSB has had regional offices specifically devoted to its mandate. Based in Regina, the Saskatchewan Regional Office of MSB handled operational and administrative issues pertaining to the Branch's activities in that province
Related control no.
5. 2001-07-14 EFRC
6. 2002-05-11 EFRC
7. 2002-05-18 EFRC
8. 2002-05-19 EFRC
9. 2003-12-03 EFRC
10. 94-08-03 EFRC
- Date modified: