To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series part of
Place of creation
Language of material
Scope and content
This is a preliminary record, please consult the linked accessions. Series consists of general operational records and central registry files created and/or maintained by the Fort McMurray District Office and its predecessors.
Conditions of access
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
Following the creation of the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development in 1966, agencies were joined to form larger administrative units called districts. In 1980, the Cree, Fort Chipewyan, Fort McMurray and Janvier Bands were separated from the Saddle Lake/Athabaska District to constitute the Fort McMurray District. In 1983 the reorganization of the Alberta Region resulted in the establishment of the Fort McMurray District Field Office. This office was then designated as a service centre effective 1 April 1987. Regional Administrative Histories, 1958-1990, (Bands, Agencies, Districts). Unpublished draft in the possession of the RG10 archivist, prepared by Peter Kiefl et al.
Related control no.
3. 1996-97/272 GAD
4. 1997-98/176 GAD
5. 92-07-43 EFRC
6. EFRC#83-146 EFRC
- Date modified: