To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series part of
1. Field office files of Fort St. John District [textual record]
2. Prince George District, Ft. St. John Service Centre, Modified Duplex Numeric Central Registry Records [textual records]
3. Modified duplex numeric central registry records of Fort St. John District Office, British Columbia [textual record] (122-000418-9)
4. Central registry files of the Fort St. John Service Centre Office, B.C. Region [textual records] (1998-00303-5)
5. Band management, finance, rights of way, farming and other records of the Fort St. John District Office [textual record] (2011-00592-2)
6. Transportation, housing, engineering, and band management records of the Fort St. John District Office [textual record] (2011-00593-0)
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
Series consists of records pertaining to a wide variety of the activities carried out by the Fort St. John Office. The subjects addressed include: farming, hunting, fishing, timber, education and estates.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Textual record Finding aid 10-142 is a typed and a computer generated file list. 10-142 90 (Electronic)
Biography / Administrative history
The Fort St. John Agency was created in 1934 to administer the Treaty 8 bands located in British Columbia. It was under the jurisdiction of the Alberta/NWT Region until it was transferred in 1957 to the jurisdiction of the B.C./Yukon Region. Following the creation of the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development in 1966, agencies were joined to form larger administrative units called districts. The Fort St. John Agency (with headquarters located in Fort St. John, BC) was designated the Fort St. John District in 1967. In 1978 Fort St. John District became the Fort St. John Service Centre. That office was later (c.1987) amalgamated into the Prince George District Office. Finding aid 10-202: Guide to Indian Bands and Agencies in British Columbia
Related control no.
6. 1984-85/345 GAD
7. 1985-86/435 GAD
8. 1994-95/418 GAD
9. 81-079 VFRC
10. 81-344 VFRC
11. 83-13 VFRC
12. 83-214 VFRC
13. VFRC#81-079 VFRC
- Date modified: