To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning: Descriptive record is in process. These materials may not yet be available for consultation.
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
1. Office files of Nanaimo District Office, British Columbia [textual record]
2. Registry files of South Island District Office, British Columbia [textual record]
3. Indian census records of the B.C. Regional Office [textual records] (120-000087-0)
4. Estate files of Nanaimo District Office [textual record] (120-000142-7)
5. Central registry files of Nanaimo District Office [textual record] (122-000023-X)
6. Modified duplex central registry records of the Nanaimo District Office [textual record] (122-000422-7)
7. Block numeric central registry records of Nanaimo District Office [textual record] (1996-01922-8)
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
Series consists of central registry files, general operational records, census records letterbooks, accounts and cash books created and maintained by the Nanaimo District Office and its predecessors.
Copyright belongs to the Crown.
Biography / Administrative history
Following the creation of the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development in 1966, agencies were joined to form larger administrative units called districts. The Nanaimo District Office was established in January, 1976 when the name of the South Island District Office was changed to the Nanaimo District Office. The South Island District Office had itself been the creation of an earlier amalgamation of the Cowichan and West Coast agency offices. Finding aid 10-202: Guide to Indian Bands and Agencies in British Columbia.
Related control no.
2. 1984-85/318 GAD
3. 1986-87/283 VFRC
4. 1992-93/087 GAD
5. 1992-93/142 GAD
6. 1994-95/023 GAD
7. 1994-95/422 GAD
8. 1996-97/923 GAD
9. 74-D-6 VFRC
10. 82-333 VFRC
11. 83-12-C VFRC
12. 83-141 VFRC
13. 87-001 VFRC
14. 88-295 VFRC
15. 92-254 VFRC
- Date modified: