To submit a comment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
No place, unknown, or undetermined
Scope and content
Colonial Office 390 consists of miscellaneous trade statistics, Custom House accounts, reports, etc., derived from the Commercial series of the old Board of Trade and predecessors. Only Volume 6, 1675-1731, has been copied. It contains statistical information on exports and imports, shipping, etc., 1677-1731; gold and silver coined in the Tower, 1689-1710; naval stores imported, 1701-1727; and the fishery and population of Newfoundland, 1675-1731. The names of clerks, ships' captains and others connected with each collection are usually noted at the beginning of each section. Much of the import and export information pertains to the West Indies, Spain and Portugal. Newfoundland tables are found both at the beginning and the end of the volume. This material is available on microfilm reel B-1868.
Microfilm reel B-1868
Textual records The finding aid for British Records on Microfilm lists the material copied on microfilm. MSS0090 90 (Electronic)
Textual records A detailed breakdown of the bulk of the class may be found in C.M. Andrews, Guide to the Materials for American History to 1783, in the Public Record Office of Great Britain, I, (Washington: Carnegie Institution, 1912), pp. 262-266. 90 (Paper)
1. Commerce - Statistics, 1677-1731 Spain, [1677-1731]
2. Great Britain - Commerce - Statistics, 1677-1731 Portugal, [1677-1731]
3. Shipping - Statistics, 1677-1731 Tower of London (London, England), [1689-1710]
4. Money - Great Britain, 1689-1710.
5. Gold - Great Britain, 1689-1710.
6. Silver - Great Britain, 1689-1710.
7. Great Britain. Royal Navy - Supplies and stores, 1701-1727.
8. Naval stores, 1701-1727.
9. Great Britain - Commerce, 1675-1731.
10. Fisheries - Newfoundland, 1675-1731.
11. Newfoundland - Population, 1675-1731.
12. Ship captains - Great Britain, [1675-1731]
13. Coinage - Great Britain, [1689-1710]
14. Colonies. Great Britain
15. Colonies. Grande-Bretagne
16. West Indies.
Other system control no.
- Date modified: