To submit a comment, contact email@example.com
Description found in Archives
Series consists of
Series part of
Place of creation
15 cm of textual records : photostats.
Scope and content
Colonial Office 363 consists of out-letter registers for the "colony" class Newfoundland between the years 1868 and 1922. The National Archives of Canada has acquired microfilm copies of the entire class. Volume 1 of CO 363 consists of two parts: an entry book from 1868 to 1872 and a register of out-letters from 1868 to 1880. More detailed information is available in the published General Inventory of Manuscript Group 11. This material is available on microfilm reels B-1640, B-1655, B-1665, B-3032, B-3471 and B-3472. The following list gives the Index Room Numbers assigned by the PRO to each volume of CO 363, and the years covered by the registers: CO 363, volumes 1-2, Number 13212-13213, Years 1868-1884; CO 363, vols. 3-4, Number 15452-15453, Years 1885-1898; CO 363, vol. 5, Number 17750, Years 1899-1906; CO 363, vol. 6, Number 18387, Years 1907-1910, and CO 363, vols. 7-8, Number 18953-18954, Years 1911-1922.
Microfilm reel B-3471
Microfilm reel B-1640
Microfilm reel B-1655
Microfilm reel B-1665
Microfilm reel B-3472
Microfilm reel B-3032
from B-3471 to B-3472
from 1 to 6
Textual records Finding Aid No. 90, British Records on Microfilm, lists the material on each reel of microfilm. MSS0090 90 (Electronic)
1. Great Britain. Colonial Office - Registers, 1868-1922.
2. Colonies - British North America, 1868-1922.
3. Newfoundland - History - 1855-1934, 1868-1922.
4. Great Britain - Relations - Newfoundland, 1868-1922.
5. Newfoundland - Relations - Great Britain, 1868-1922.
6. Colonies. Great Britain
7. Colonies. Grande-Bretagne
8. Colonies Administration. Great Britain
9. Colonies Administration. Grande-Bretagne
Other system control no.
- Date modified: