This archived Web page remains online for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. This page will not be altered or updated. Web pages that are archived on the Internet are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats of this page on the Contact Us page.
1. Together, your group is going to make a concept map about the Chinese Immigration Act.
2. Write the words "Chinese Immigration Act" in black at the top or in the centre of a large piece of paper.
3. Below, you will find a list of "Concept Words" that are in some way related to the Chinese Immigration Act. Write them in black around the words "Chinese Immigration Act" that you wrote on your paper.
4. Each member of your group will use a different coloured marker. Each group member will draw a line between the concepts that they think are connected. Along the line a student has drawn, he/she will write a few words explaining how the concepts are linked. Use the "Suggested Linking Verbs" listed below to help.
5. Feel free to discuss, ask questions or check your work with your fellow group members.
Suggested Linking Verbs: